We are still open for you, in compliance with all security measures!
COVID-19 has been with us for over a year now. On behalf of all patients, we would like to thank you for continuing to donate plasma. Especially now, in times of COVID-19, it is even more important that patients continue to receive their plasma-based therapies. You play an essential role in this – without your donation there are no therapies.
New regulations and policies are constantly coming out and many people are wondering how this will impact their plasma donation. Here is a summary of the most important points for you.
The most important point: plasma donation is allowed at all times and is extremely important to ensure the care of all those patients who rely on plasma-based therapies.
Plasma donation falls under “care and assistance to persons in need of support” and is therefore legal even in lockdown and even during curfew periods. You do not need proof of this – if necessary, showing your donor card is sufficient.
Plasma donation is not included in “body-related services,” so no PCR or antigen testing is required. We have implemented very strict security concepts in our centers since the beginning of the pandemic. That our measures are working is confirmed by the fact that there has been no COVID-19 infection in any of our centers. All security concepts remain in place.
Due to current regulatory requirements, we have also introduced a mandatory wearing of FFP2 masks for both donors and staff in all our centers. We ask for your understanding that this applies to all people in our centers without any exception. For all those who have an exemption from the mask wearing requirement, we ask that you currently take a break from donating plasma.
For all our donors who come from a country outside of Austria – if you meet the general entry requirements to Austria, you can come to donate plasma as usual. We ask for your understanding that there is no possibility to give you confirmations for the entry for a plasma donation.
For the current opening hours of our BioLife Plasma Centers, please visit the centers’ pages:
- Plasma Center Graz Citypark
- Plasma Center Graz Europaplatz
- Plasma Center Innsbruck
- Plasma Center Klagenfurt
- Plasma Center Linz
- Plasma Center Salzburg
- Plasma Center Wels
- Plasma Center Vienna Donaustadt
- Plasma Center Vienna Favoriten
- Plasma Center Vienna Kirchengasse
- Plasma Center Vienna Operngasse
- Plasma Center Wiener Neustadt
Your safety is our top priority!
The very high additional COVID-19 safety standards of the last months will continue to apply in the centers and thus guarantee that the plasma donation is safe as always. We kindly ask for your continued support:
- Please make an appointment before you come to our centers. You can do this by phone or online at www.plasmazentrum.at/termin.
- Please wear FFP2 mouth and nose protection from the time you enter until you leave the donation center. Please note that current government regulations do not permit wearing face shields.
- Please understand that we are not able to allocate as many appointments as usual, as we have increased the distances between the donor beds as a protective measure and thus have reduced capacity.
- Please keep a minimum distance of one meter from other people throughout the center.
If you have been in contact with someone who is infected with COVID-19 or who is not healthy themselves, we ask you to stay at home and cancel your appointment by phone.
Thank you very much for your plasma donation and for your loyalty!
Your BioLife Plasma Center Team